How to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone?
If you have used iMessage app on your iPhone, you have at least once witnessed this error that reads “Waiting for Activation”. This is a most common error that occurs while using iMessage app on iOS 10, 9, and 8. So, if you are in search of the fixes for this error, then you can get them from our page below. We have listed our some effective and easy fixes for this error. The delay in activation in iMessage produces this error on iPhone. It is not a difficult thing to fix the error. There are many ways to fix the error and we have brought before you the ones that will solve the error.
Solution For iMessage “Waiting for Activation” error on iPhone:
Before getting started with the fixes that will solve “Waiting for Activation” issue on iPhone iOS 10, 9 or 8 go through these tricks.
- See if your number is listed on top of the contacts first. If it is not listed in the top, then go to Settings>Phone>My Number and enter your number.
- Likewise, go to Settings>FaceTime and make certain you have selected both your phone number and Apple ID.
- Also, check if the Date & Time are correct. If not, tap on “Set Automatically” option and set the Time Zone right
- Also, check if your internet connection is working and is not poor.
Try these fixes first to solve activation issue of waiting for iMessage error:
The internet connection plays a key role in running of this app properly. Before taking a biggest step, user need to check if the internet connection is coming without any break in the flow. To set the internet connection properly, open Settings> Wi-Fi/Cellular>turn off the switch by tapping on it. Reboot your device and turn on Wi-Fi/Cellular to restart the internet. If this does not do any help, then reset network settings. To do so go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
You have to check if your carrier supports iMessage or not. If it does not support iMessage then it is not possible to run it at any cost. So, contact your Carrier support team and confirm with them if there are any limitations that are holding back you to use your iMessage app, blocks or filters on text messages on your iPhone.
You can also try out Airplane mode activation mode to fix the error. To do so:
- Go to Settings>scroll down and tap on Messages and turn off iMessages
- Turn on the Airplane mode, which automatically turns off Wi-Fi
- Now turn on Wi-Fi
- Go to messages and turn on iMessage
- You will be asked to input your Apple ID if you haven’t provided it yet
- Now, go to Settings and turn off Airplane mode
- On turning off Airplane mode, you will likely see the message saying ‘Your carrier may charge for SMS’. Tap on OK.
- If you don’t receive the message, go to Messages, turn OFF iMessage and turn it ON again.
- In no time you will see iMessage being activated
- You will see a number and email ID and the number should be checked and you are done.
These are some of the effective fixes for the iMessage waiting for activation error. Hope this work for you.